Articles and Reports on Feral Cats
This website contains a lot of useful information on feral cats, written by experts in the field. Here's a list:
- The Feral Cat Coalition policy regarding testing/vaccination for FeLV/FIV/FIP.
- An excellent report on trap/alter/release programs by Karen Johnson.
- Friends of the Friendless, by Sara Pehrsson from Cats Magazine, August 1995.
- Looking for Feral Cats, by Susan Easterly from Cat Fancy Magazine, November 1994.
- Comments by Dr. W. Marvin Mackie regarding the "need for speed" in veterinary practices. (Needs to be read carefully from top to bottom.)
- A great article by Dr. David Zanders that dispels some common myths about spay/neuter.
- The Race to Outpace Feral Cat Over-Population, a symposium presentation by Linda Kelson, Feral Cat Coalition board member.
- A Model for Humane Reduction of Feral Cat Populations by FCC's Dr. Michelle Chappell.
- The Great Australian Cat Dilemma, an overview by Sarah Hartwell of the problem in Australia.
- Why Feral Eradication Won't Work, by Sarah Hartwell, pointing out the problems with eradication programs.
- The American Feral Cat Problem, an older, but still valid article by Sarah Hartwell.
- The Unsociable Cat: are cats really solitary creatures? By Sarah Hartwell.
[Page updated April 2011]