Feral Cat Coalition Clinic Procedures
Trap Depot Summary Checklist
- Reserve traps in Trap Depot Log when Screener or Trapper calls.
- Place "R" on log to indicate trap is reserved.
- Call person who will be picking up traps ASAP to confirm pickup and plan.
- Make clinic reservations for number of cats (not number of traps).
- Call early for assured reservation
- Note on Trap Depot Log reservations made
- If public cancels, you call to cancel reservation
- Contact waiting list for unused traps
- "Trapping Release Form" signed by public. File original 1 year.
- "Trap Loan Agreement" signed by public. Complete all info, and add directions to clinic.
- Deposit - $35.00 per trap.
- Client gets copies. Staple check to originals and file.
- Demonstrate trap. (Use method in Humane Trapping Instructions.) Emphasize latched rear door.
- Always give "Humane Trapping Instructions" and "Drop Off and Pick Up Instructions." Give out FCC info. Give out other informational handouts as needed
- Note traps lent out with "O" on Trap Depot Log to replace "R."
- Follow up on traps not returned.
- Return client's check when traps returned.
- Clean and disinfect traps.
- Check for correct trap numbers and return traps to proper Trap Depots if necessary.
- Check that rear doors are latched properly.
- Check yellow FCC ID tags and trap ID markings. Contact Trapping Coordinator if trap is missing, broken or needs tags, etc.
- Send donations to FCC address. Receipts for cash donations.
- Send completed "Name/Address Collectors" to FCC address.
- PUBLIC OR VOLUNTEERS NEVER TO CALL VETS' OFFICES FOR ANY REASON!
Back to Clinic Procedures Home Page
[Page updated November 2009]