Thank you for your interest in joining the Feral Cat Coalition volunteer team! We work very hard every day to alleviate the suffering of feral and abandoned cats in San Diego County by controlling their population through spay/neuter.
Our greatest need is volunteers who are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays between 10:45 am and 3:00 pm to help at our spay/neuter clinic located just north of SDSU.
Please apply if:
- You would like to be part of our team of awesome volunteers, working at all the Spay/Neuter Clinic stations! And/or…
- You would like to be on our Trapping Team!
Whatever you choose, you will be trained in your duties. Clinic duties include cleaning ears, monitoring cats recovering from surgery, taking and recording rectal temperatures, shaving and prepping cats for surgery, cleaning feral cat traps, sterilizing surgical instruments, and other related duties.
Note: For clinics, duties rotate, and a volunteer is expected to perform all duties needed to support every cat’s recovery.
Please fill out this application to help us get to know you better. You will be contacted within five business days by an FCC representative to chat and continue the volunteer process.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Minimum six-month commitment and at least two shifts per month.
- Ability to speak and write clearly in English and follow detailed instructions.
- Ability to work on a team independently and follow detailed instructions.
- Ability to lift, reach high and bend low, with loads of up to 20 pounds.
Note: The ability to stand for several hours is beneficial for some volunteer assignments but is not necessary for all stations.